hdd directional drilling Surrey BC
Directional boring, commonly called horizontal directional drilling or HDD, is a steerable trenchless method of installing underground pipe, conduit, or cable in a shallow arc along a prescribed bore path by using a surface-launched drilling rig, with minimal impact on the surrounding area.
- Best used for telecommunications and power cable conduits
- water lines, sewer lines, gas lines, oil lines, product pipelines
- It is used for crossing waterways, roadways, shore approaches
- Congested areas, environmentally sensitive areas
- Areas where other methods are costlier or not possible.
HDD Directional Drilling Available in Surrey BC
Horizontal directional drilling is done with the help of a viscous fluid known as drilling fluid. It is a mixture of water and, usually, bentonite or polymer continuously pumped to the cutting head or drill bit to facilitate the removal of cuttings, stabilize the bore hole, cool the cutting head, and lubricate the passage of the product pipe.
Let Us Do the Job For You.